My new work email address is now: email@example.com
I will now be using an app to send out important reminders. If you wish to have these reminders come directly to you, please ask your son or daughter and they will provide you with instructions, or you can email me.
I am writing to inform parents that I am always willing to have a discussion about student progress. My sons have recently started daycare where I am required to pick them up at 4:15. Therefore I need to leave the school at 4:00 in order to make it on time. I am however often at the school before 8:00 am, so mornings are always an option. If you are ever wanting to come by for a discussion, please just send me a quick email so that we can find a time that works.
Please find the school’s September Newsletter and Calendar here: September 2015 Calendar September 2015 Newsletter
We have dived right into all of our subjects and so far my students are doing an excellent job at keeping up. We have been using Google Classroom as a means of sharing and exploring morals and ethics in comic books. The students have been working daily on square numbers in math. In Social, we have been discussing Canadian politics as well as the federal election process. The boys have been learning some basic First Aid skills in their Health class. Our Phys-Ed class has been showing us how skill development and exercise can be achieved through a variety of games.
I look forward to the rest of my year with these students!
I am pleased to inform you that I will be your child’s teacher for the 2015-2016 school year. This is my 3rd year at Hawrylak and my second year teaching grade 8.
I will outline a couple of things in this blog post to inform parents and guardians, and to help remind my students.
- I will be using this blog to keep families up to date about what is going on in the classroom, as well as important dates and assignments
- I understand that it is difficult to remember to check a blog on a daily basis, therefore I am also using agendas this year. Students will be given 5 minutes at the end of each day to fill in important dates and reminders
- In an attempt to make things more simple for the office and myself, I will only be accepting online payments for the various costs that arise through out the year. If you are new to this, please follow the instructions found here
- We have Phys. Ed on day 2 and day 5. I expect my students to always have proper clothing (shorts/sweats) and gym shoes. I recommend having these items in their locker rather than relying on remembering which days to bring them.
- All students MUST have a basic geometry set for Math this year
- Contact: if you need to reach me during school hours, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to reach me any other time and require a timely response, please email me at email@example.com
- I will be sending home a number of forms that I require back as soon as possible:Media Release Form, Lunch Room Registration, Allergy, Student Information
I like forward to working with all of you this year and please know that it is my goal to prepare my students for High School while trying to make the school year as enjoyable as I possibly can.
We are in the home stretch now. Students are/should be busy completing year end projects. In PAA, grade 8’s are working hard to finish their Co2 racers. Grade 7’s are finishing their crib boards and C.D. mosaic frames. Students have begun submitting their video tutorials and I am extremely impressed with the quality thus far. Please enjoy an example of an extremely well done tutorial done by Olivia J. Please also make sure you are checking the ‘Assignments/Dates’ tab.
It is a busy couple of months ahead. Good luck to all the Spring Musical cast and crew. I am sure it is going to be a great show. Please check the assignments and dates tab as well as the May calendar for important events. May 2015 Newsletter 2015 May Calendar
Well I did what I told myself I wouldn’t do; I fell off the blogging wagon. Here I am though, getting back into.
We have had an eventful few months. The grade 8`s had an excellent time at Dallas Valley in February. The grade 7`s were probably happy to have a small quiet class.
We have covered many different subject areas including Canadian culture in Social Studies, data analysis in Math, and various novel studies. Despite many moments of awkwardness, the boys also got through a Sex-ed. unit in Health.
There are many fun times in the next couple months such as canoeing for the grade 7`s, track and field day, and grade 8 farewell. Please see the date tab for more information and times.
I hope to be more consistent in my communication to you and if you ever have any questions, please email me at dylan.t.longmoore.rbe.sk.ca